Thursday, April 6, 2023

February 13th and 14th - meeting the medical team

Because of all of the positive things we've heard from past Roger Maris Cancer Center patients, we decided to pursue treatment there.  February 13th I met with a radiation oncologist, medical oncologist and the surgeon.  The 14th we met with a plastic surgeon.  The surgeon believed I wouldn't need plastic surgery, but wanted a plastic surgeon available just in case they had to be more aggressive with surgery than planned.  All four of these medical professionals tried to find the cancerous tumor which was in my breast and not one of them, even after know the precise location, could feel the tumor.  This tumor was stealthy and was positioned to be in my body for a lot longer before it could have be externally detected.

Because my case was incredibly unique and well outside what they normally deal with, the medical team presented all of my information to the RMCC tumor board which is a collection of medical professionals which give advisement on challenging cases.  It was advised that I have a PET scan done.  So that would be our next step.

No comments:

Post a Comment