Saturday, March 25, 2023

Ultrasound

 January 23rd was the date of my breast ultrasound.  The most awkward part of this appointment really boiled down to the fact that I am pretty ticklish.  To get a good view of the mass, which was tucked up alongside the implant, the tech had to drag the ultrasound wand all over my armpit area.  I spent most of the time mentally trying to convince myself not to flinch.  After the tech finished up she went to get the radiologist, who immediately read the results.  He recommended a biopsy.  Based off of my history and the ultrasound results, he said he thought there was slightly more that a 20% chance the mass was cancerous.  Considering that before my first breast biopsy the radiologist said there was greater than a 95% chance I had cancer, 20% odds didn't worry me a lot.  I decided to try and continue living my life as optimistically as possible, until I had a definite reason not to.  The biopsy was scheduled quickly... for the 25th.  

No comments:

Post a Comment